THE SERIES 5 PLATFORM
The Infinity 506 and Infinity 508 ECUs are affordable state-of-the-art engine control units designed for four- and six-cylinder racing engines (typically Infinity 506), and racing engines with up to 8 cylinders that are using high-impedance injectors (Infinity 508). A Powersports version is available for Polaris RZR 900, 1000 and XP Turbo applications (PN 30-7112). The Series 5 features a smaller footprint than the Infinity Series 7 at 5.855” x 5.55” x 1.8”, and has a single, weatherproof 80-pin connector.
The Infinity 506 is designed for racing engines with up to 6 cylinders.
The Infinity 508 is designed for high-performance V8 crate engines and race engines using high impedance injectors with up to 8 cylinders. A special Powersports version is available for Polaris RZR 900, 1000 and XP Turbo applications using Plug & Play Adapter Wiring Harnesses specific to each application.
SELECTING THE RIGHT INFINITY ECU
Infinity ECU modules are designed for maximum flexibility across many types of applications. ECU modules and harnesses are sold separately for both Supported and Plug & Play applications. Choose the ideal Infinity ECU based on your application’s ignition and fuel injector output requirements using the Infinity Specifications Chart, and then choose between our available Plug & Play or Universal harnesses to create the Infinity solution that suits your specific needs.
SUPPORTED vs. PLUG & PLAY APPLICATIONS
The Infinity ECU delivers comparable tuning functionality regardless of application type. It is available for a wide variety of applications in two distinct forms:
- Infinity Supported applications refer to an engine family or cam/crank pattern for which the Infinity ECU has been tested and validated to run. However, certain ancillary vehicle systems (such as factory instrument clusters, automatic transmissions, and certain drive by wire throttles), may not be supported.
- The setup Wizard included with the InfinityTuner user interface software dramatically simplifies initial tuning configuration to help ensure successful initial startup for Supported applications.
- Wiring is required for Supported applications. AEM offers Universal wiring harnesses in several iterations and detailed application-specific wiring instructions/schematics.
Plug & Play Applications
Infinity Plug & Play applications are available for select vehicles. Plug & Play applications support a vehicle’s engine and most other ancillary vehicle systems, and include application-specific start up calibrations. The Infinity Plug & Play harness (sold separately) connects directly into the vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring.
200MHz Processor and Real-Time Operating System
Late-model vehicle ECU’s all run on faster processors. The Infinity ECU is built around a latest-generation 32-bit floating point 200MHz automotive processor and Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), which is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). By comparison, common competitive systems typically use 20MHz to 50MHz processors. To our knowledge, the Infinity ECU currently has the fastest processing speed of any aftermarket Motorsports ECU available. This allows the Infinity to do more, faster, in a more stable programming environment.
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS makes the Infinity more responsive, for a better driving experience
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS allows for more accurate ignition timing, which enables an engine to create more power
- The Infinity’s faster processor allows it to perform more computational features with no sacrifice in processing performance
- The Infinity’s RTOS ensures strategic processing with optimized load balancing. This means that tuning one feature will not affect the performance of another feature
All Infinity ECU’s come fully enabled, without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry-leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
|Cylinders||Up to 6||Up to 8|
|High Impedence Injectors (Sequential)||Up to 6||Up to 8|
|Low Impedence Injectors (Sequential)||Up to 6||N/A|
|Coils (0-5V Falling Edge)||Up to 6||Up to 8|
|Digital Inputs||Up to 6||Up to 6|
|VR/Mag Inputs||Up to 4||Up to 4|
|Analog Voltage Inputs||Up to 9||Up to 9|
|Analog Temp Inputs||Up to 3||Up to 3|
|On Board Wideband Air/Fuel Controllers||1||1|
|High Side Outputs||1||1|
|Low Side Outputs||8||6|
|Low Side Outputs that can be PWM||8||6|
|4-Wire Stepper Motor Control||Yes||Yes|
|Boost Control (RPM, Time, Gear, VSS, Switch Input, Flex Fuel Content)||Yes||Yes|
|Variable Cam Control||Up to 2||Up to 2|
|Nitrous Control||Single Stage||Single Stage|
|Traction Control||Up to 2-Wheel Speed||Up to 2-Wheel Speed|
|Data Logging||Up to 64GB||Up to 64GB|
|Weather Resistant Sealed Electronics||Yes||Yes|
|Enclosure Dimensions||5.85" x 5.55" x 1.8"||5.85" x 5.55" x 1.8"|
|Weight||16.8oz / 476.27g||16.8oz / 476.27g|
* Dual use pins. Tx and Tx shared with 2 digital inputs. DOES NOT OUTPUT AEM SERIAL DATA.
** Engine protection is programmable and can be coolant temp-, oil temp-, oil pressure-, AFR vs MAP, intake air temp-, knock- or fuel pressure-based.